July 31, 2010

Recycled Pringles Can-Cookie Holder

Remember that recipe for the delicous cookies? Well here is an alternative to giving cookies to your friends, families and neighbors on a plate.

I love to recycle containers. There are so many uses for a Pringles container here is just one.



I had a lot of fun making these!

What you need:
-Pringles Can
-Printed paper
-Coordinating solid paper
-2 colors of ribbon (3/8" & 5/8")
-Embellishment (flower, bow, etc.)
-Printed or stamped tag
-Hole punch
-Scizzors & paper cutter
-Adhesive


Clean out your Pringles can. I used the spray dust remover to get the crumbs out and a wet paper towel with a little soap.

Measure your printed paper and solid paper by wrapping it around the can to see where you want to cut it. Mark it & cut it. Then glue it to the can. At the seem where the 2 papers meet glue ribbon (either 3/8" or 5/8").

Glue embellishment and tag close to the ribbon, making sure the paper seem down length of the can is in the back.

Using hole punch, punch 2 holes on top making sure they will be on the sides when the can is facing front. Using 5/8" ribbon insert one end in hole, wait to cut it, and tie a knot on the inside of the can. You may have to tie it twice to make it large enough so it doesn't come out. Now cut the ribbon leaving about 3 inches or slack. This will make it easier to tie the other side.

Now for the final touches. Glue 3/8" ribbon around the edge of the lid. Cut the printed paper in a circle cutter. I have a circle cutter than I use but if you don't you can use the lid as a template. Glue that to the top of the lid.

Tada! Now you have a cute canister for cookies or anyother treat.





I gave this one to a friend for her birthday.



These other 2 I gave to the women I visit teach.
I really like the felt flower on this one. I used a template from Craft Gossip.



I really like the colors of this one. It is very bayberry creek Crafter colors :)
I am not in love with the bow I did and if I did it over I would make it smaller.


** Make sure when you make your cookies you make them the right size to fit in the canister**



~Rachel~

7 comments:

happyjilmore said...

Okay Rachel, you never cease to amaze me - these are cute! What a great way to give some homemade cookies. I'm doing them next month for the sisters I visit. Micheal's has paper on sale right now.

Cricutcrazylisa said...

See....there is the real problem....the whole making the cookie fit. If it doesn't fit it must be eaten...then I must make more because there are not enough to fill the container. Then there are some too big and they must be eaten and on and on and on and on. Great idea by the way!

La said...

Fun idea! Thanks for sharing. La

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Hi Rachel! I totally made this thanks to you! Also, I am featuring you on my blog tomorrow: www.mypaperpony.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this idea! I just made one for a sister in my ward and it came out so cute aqnd she LOVED it! Keep the ideas coming!

S said...

How cute Rach!! This one I think I can do! Great idea!

Vinyl Lettering said...

Oh that's cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails