August 5, 2010

Refinished Box

My husband and I went to a garage sale on Main Street in Panguitch last year. It was so much fun. All the stores sold things and then donated the money to the Boy Scouts.

We found this box and its been tucked away since then. I decided to give it a face lift and use it on my nightstand to put jewelery in, like my wedding ring and watches that I have worn that day. I have a lot of jewelry boxes, hangers, and holders but can a girl really ever have to many?



I painted it with 2 coats of black paint then 3 coats of white paint. I still need to add a glaze or sealer. I added the flower pattern felt on the inside, its my favorite part of the box. Once my room is clean and free of boxes I will share a photo of where it has found its home.



What have you refinished that you just love?



~Rachel~

2 comments:

Scrapycandy said...

Grandpa gave his chest, just like this one, to my son. He still keeps all his special items in it. How fun!

Vinyl Lettering said...

That is great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails