July 27, 2010

Wooden Block Houses

One night on a trip to Joanne's with my 3 sister-in-laws and mother-in-law. One of my sister-in-laws was talking about these cute block houses that her mother-in-law had at her house. (That is a mouth full of in-laws) She said how cute they were and what great decorations and toys they made. She mentioned having my husband try and help her do something similar. A light bulb went off. I wanted to make them for her birthday which was months away, but thought it would be plenty of time to make them. Well it turns out I was wrong. Here is the final product.




These were the originals. I borrowed them from her mother-in-law so I could recreate them.



What I will tell you about this project is that even though I started them months before her birthday, she didn't get them until months later. It was one of the toughest projects I have taken on. With the help of my husband and some genius suggestions from his dad we finished them. The labor of love was so worth it though!

~Rachel~

2 comments:

nichole said...

I do love them, Rach! Thanks for all the time and effort and love you and Nate put in to them.

Love
Coli

Vinyl Lettering said...

Those look so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails